Where I'm going and the life it leads to

So I worked at a grocery store called Edwards Supermarket as a cart boy. I'd work from 10am to 6pm Monday through Friday walking in and out of the doors picking up the carts, bringing them back in an stacking them inside. We knew many of the people that came in and out of Edwards they lived in the neighborhood. Mrs. Waxman shopped there every Monday and I'd go out and collect her cart. I think I saved up about $5,000 dollars that year which was actually a lot in the 70's. I decided with what I saved after my bills I would open my own record company. Yes it was me and a friend of mine Larry. It was a basement record company and we had no artists yet. I had to pay for office equipment, the label, the rights and a few other legal mumbo jumbo. Larry and I went to Manhattan to walk around and see the sights. I was discussing with him how I could find artists to be on our record label. He said "I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time." Low and behold we walked by the infamous Studio 54. If only we could get in there and find some celebrities. He laughed and we kept on walking.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always dreaming big